Building highways and maintaining infrastructure is one of many things a Laborer can do. Want to know if this exciting and challenging career path is a good fit for you? Find out by visiting www.futureroadbuilders.com - you can take part in a free, half hour online virtual project where you will obtain industry awareness, a sampling of test questions, and a certificate upon completion of the program.
Effective January 1, 2016, apprentices will be required to complete a minimum of 300 hours of classroom instruction and hands on training at the Western Pennsylvania Laborers' Training Center in Saxonburg, PA. To complete the apprenticeship program - 4,000 hours of on the job training is also required.
HOW DO I BECOME AN APPRENTICE?
WHERE TO APPLY
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Complete Written Application
- Be 18 years of age or older when admitted.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Be a citizen of the United States or legal alien.
- Have been a resident of one of the following counties for the past (6) months: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Mifflin, Potter, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, Westmoreland
- Take written Selection Test (Test administered at the Training Center in Saxonburg, PA)
- Participate in an interview session (Interviews will be held at the Training Center in Saxonburg, PA)
- Pass a certified drug test before final acceptance.
- Submit with the application an non refundable processing fee of $25.00 in the form of cashier’s check or money order, made payable to: Western Pennsylvania Laborers’ Education & Training Trust Fund (Personal Checks Will Not Be Accepted)
- Be in good health or be able to pass a pre-job physical should one be required.
NOTE: Admittance to selection test requires proof of High School Diploma/GED and valid Pennsylvania Drivers License.
Mail the Application and Processing Fee to:
Western Pennsylvania Laborers’ Education and Training Trust Fund
317 Deer Creek Rd.
Saxonburg, PA 16056