Building highways and maintaining infrastructure is one of many things a Laborer can do. Want to know if this exciting and challenging career path is a good fit for you? Find out by visiting www.futureroadbuilders.com - you can take part in a free, half hour online virtual project where you will obtain industry awareness, a sampling of test questions, and a certificate upon completion of the program.
Effective January 1, 2016, apprentices will be required to complete a minimum of 300 hours of classroom instruction and hands on training at the Western Pennsylvania Laborers' Training Center in Saxonburg, PA. To complete the apprenticeship program - 4,000 hours of on the job training is also required.
The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of apprentices shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40 & over), genetic information, sexual orientation, or disability. The Western Pennsylvania Construction Craft Laborers' Joint Apprenticeship and Training Program will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate this apprenticeship program as required under title 29, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30, as amended.
HOW DO I BECOME AN APPRENTICE?
WHERE TO APPLY
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Complete Written Application
- Be 18 years of age or older when admitted.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Be a citizen of the United States or legal alien.
- Have been a resident of one of the following counties for the past (6) months: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Mifflin, Potter, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, Westmoreland
- Take written Selection Test (Test administered at the Training Center in Saxonburg, PA)
- Participate in an interview session (Interviews will be held at the Training Center in Saxonburg, PA)
- Pass a certified drug test before final acceptance.
- Submit with the application an non refundable processing fee of $25.00 in the form of cashier’s check or money order, made payable to: Western Pennsylvania Laborers’ Education & Training Trust Fund (Personal Checks Will Not Be Accepted)
- Be in good health or be able to pass a pre-job physical should one be required.
NOTE: Admittance to selection test requires proof of High School Diploma/GED and valid Pennsylvania Drivers License.
Mail the Application and Processing Fee to:
Western Pennsylvania Laborers’ Education and Training Trust Fund
317 Deer Creek Rd.
Saxonburg, PA 16056